Carnegie Wave Energy tops Techboard’s startup ranking this fortnight, as it announced its acquisition of fellow cleantech Energy Made Clean (ranked second) for $13m. The company had taken a 35% strategic stake in its target earlier this year, and is now buying out the remaining 65% through a combination of shares and cash.
Carnegie also secured a $3.69m debt financing agreement last week. It received broad media coverage and saw improvements in its website ranking and time on site.
Property portal Rent.com.au is ranked third, following a $5m capital raise through a rights issue and placement.
Reach thousands of founders and entrepreneurs with our cost effective sponsorship packages.
|1||Carnegie Wave Energy||↑5|
|2||Energy Made Clean||↑289|
Brainchip and ePAT complete the top five. Both companies have completed RTOs this year, with ePAT entering its first day of trading on the ASX last week, and picking up two nominations from Techboard’s panel of experts. Brainchip which completed its listing earlier in the year, has now just raised a further $5.4m in an over-subscribed capital raising.
ResApp Health (ranked sixth) won the Innovation Excellence Award at Tech 23, resulting in strong social media engagement scores.
With so many tech IPOs and RTOs of late there are few unlisted companies in this period’s top ten. Along with Energy Made Clean the only other is AtlasTrend, ranked seventh. The startup offers clients online access to proprietary investment insights and an easy way to invest in four exclusive global equities funds. It announced completion of a $2.8m seed round to grow its online investment platform, led by Alfred Street Investment Partners. The fintech also saw strong social media engagement over the period.
Other unlisted startups among the top twenty this fortnight include Yabble and prevyou, which were among half a dozen startups to complete the Vocus Upstart accelerator and pitch to investors at Spacecubed earlier this week. Both companies picked up a nomination from the panel of experts. The Upstart cohort will be going on an inter-state roadshow next month.
Other noteworthy startup accomplishments and milestones this fortnight include media company TV2U announcing a deal with an Indonesian telecommunications company, Fastbrick Robotics‘ Mike Pivac ranking 47th in Business Insider‘s AU Tech 100, and Nuheara announcing a $5 capital raise to fund production of its IQbuds. All of these and more can be viewed at Techboard, along with the full ranking of 700+ companies.