… where the flowers grow, so very high? Well, with the San Francisco Landing Pad, you can.
Perth startups will get a sneaky peak at what it might be like to land in San Francisco for a few months, when Austrade’s roadshow (“Sprint to Landing Pads”) comes to town next month.
The Australian Landing Pads program helps market-ready Aussie startups take their business global. The program offers an up-to-90-day residency in the best co-working spaces in the world, located in San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Shanghai, Berlin, and Singapore.
Austrade and Australia Unlimited are running a FREE half-day workshop in Perth on 10th May for founders who are interested.
REGISTER HERE for the Perth workshop.
Who’s it for?
The organisers want to talk to businesses that are ‘born global’, and by their very nature will “disrupt the marketplace to achieve their potential as high-growth and high-return enterprises”.
Specifically, if you match the following, then it could be worth your while attending:
- Scalability – can you deliver your product or service to a million customers or more?
- Traction – do you have a proof-of-concept, existing sales and customers, funding, investors and partners?
- Differentiation – does your product disrupt its marketplace, and have a strong value proposition and vision for growth?
- Market relevance – could 90 days in a Landing Pad make a difference to your startup?
The program is technology and industry agnostic so it welcomes applications from businesses in a variety of industry verticals with diverse solutions.
“Attend these workshops to discover which international market and location is the best fit for you, as you’ll hear from speakers who have taken their startup global & their secrets to international success. You will also gain tangible knowledge on new market entry and how to strategise best approach, network with other entrepreneurs and connect with industry experts.”
Past case studies from Aussie startups that have taken part in the landing pads program can be read here.
To date, seven local companies have either completed or are completing the Landing Pads program.
- GeoMoby – mobile marketing “geofencing”
- Inhouse Group (Trendwise) – advanced visitor data and analytics technology platform that leverages IoT generated data
- CrowdfundUP – commercial real estate crowdfunding platform
- Hipflask – audience engagement platform for event promoters
- Jugglr – community support app for moms
- CADWalk – CADwalk Global aims to be the global leader in large scale, collaborative VR/AR/MR space planning and visualization
- Bankvault – stops bank account hacking.
Among the speakers at the half day workshop, Chris Baudia (GeoMoby) and Gerhard Kimenkowski (CADwalk) will tell attendees about their experiences on the Landing Pads program.
The Spring to Landing Pad workshop in Perth takes place on Thursday 10th May, from 2pm at FLUX.